Thread: Minor swirls on seat leon

Minor swirls on seat leon

I need to remove some swirls from my black metalic cupra before polishing can anyone advise on products to use with a PC to correct the swirls and follow up products to obtain a fantastic deep wet looking finish?

No products available so any items suggested will need to be purchased

Also how do you mantain the finished finish?

Manchester, England
    firstly Vag paint is pretty damn tough, so removing the swirls isnt going to be easy.

By the sounds of your post you are aiming to do a cure for once and for all detail and keep it that way.

Have a ganders here:

Quick list for you:

two buckets, two lambs wool mitts, car shampoo
    clay kit
    Swirl remover - I use number 83
    a glaze or polish to smooth this out - speed glaze #80 or #7
    next a wax to top - on black natty's blue to pretty easy to use, I currently spit shine megs #16 using a four inch PC finishing pad.

Then just wash weekly, and once a month give it a quick coat of megs quikwax.

I did my main detail back in Feb, the car covers 250miles a week minimum, and it is still holding up very well

Haven't gone into too much detail as the link should help, and dont want to confuse...

Dundee / St. Andrews
    As mentioned VAG paint is very hard indeed. Meguiars #83 would be my choice from the Meguiars range, applied on a 4" cutting pad - use a 4" pad rather than a 6" as the smaller pads generate more heat and break the product down better and therefore cut better into the paint... Foolow the #83 with #80 to restore surface gloss and the #7 to add wettness to the shine.

For VAG paint, I do favour the Menzerna line of polishes though (sorry Meguiars...) - the Intensive Polish for me is just that little bit better than #83 as it finishes to a nicer shine and it is possible to go straight to a sealent after IP. Again, use a 4" pad. If the swirls are more sever and Menzerna IP isn't removing them, then step up to Menzerna Power Gloss Compound on a 4" cutting pad. Always follow the Power Gloss with either Intensive Polish or Final Polish II to restore surface gloss after compounding. With Menzerna IP, spritz the pad with water regularly - this keeps the dust down and stops the product from curing to quickly, giving you extra time to work hte product into the paint.
    "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "